Monday, June 6, 2011

Tabi no Tochuu (The Journey) Full English Lyrics

I'd been working on these lyrics for a long time... a long, long time actually... haha
Upon making the decision to add the full song to a future free single, I knew that I would need a full set of lyrics. As with the TV version-- the song is based fairly close to the translation of the original song.
Natsumi-san has the most beautiful voice and I know I'll never be able to capture her elegance or brilliance with my own voice but hopefully the English is well received among fans of the original.
Although I'm older than her, I feel extremely humbled to be singing her song in my own words.
That's all I can really say, I guess...
I feel attached to this song on many levels. It is about life, adventure, love, pain and sacrifice.
At any rate.. please enjoy my lyrics and make sure to support the official release of the anime Spice and Wolf-- and Natsumi in her future endeavors if you feel so inclined to.


Original Artist: Natsumi Kiyoura


English Lyrics by: SoRo



I've been wandering, on this road alone; I'd lost myself long ago...
And my frozen heart has been long to thaw, waiting for the sun...
But the day you came, light had cleared the way- for us to find something new!
And now we can run, under this bright sun; together- discover the way

Of all the unknown songs travelers sing, is there one written for me?
'Cause it sounds so familiar to mine old ears; do you also hear what I hear?

If the world that I had dreamed of exists somewhere in this world then;
Should we search for this great 'somewhere' that the wind will lead us to?
Freezing day-breaks and parched mid-days, through them someway we may find it
In the darkness, and the cold nights- we can keep eachother warm...


Since the day I came, upon such striking eyes; I knew I can't let you go...
Because in those orbs, reflects things unseen; unknown even to the world...
I know many things, only stars can tell; that all we old souls must know
Even though I cry and I feel so sorrowful; t'is me that great fate has bestowed.


Harbors far in the east, tall Western seaside cliffs - still cannot compare...
Deep in lush forests and high in watch towers - There must be something there!
High on the northern hill, watching the harvest moon swaying on the waves - ahh!


If the love that I had dreamed of exists only on this earth then
Shall I live a modest short life and swear never to regret?
Through the cold and snowy weather, we'll be fine if we're together!
Let's continue with eyes open- face the world that's still unseen...


La, la, lai-la
La, la, lai-la
La, la, lai-la
La, la, lai-la
La, la, lai-la
La, la, lai-la, lai-la, la, la, la...
La, la, lai-la
La, la, lai-la
La, la, lai-la
La, la, lai-la
La, la, lai-la
La, la, lai-la, lai-la, la, la, la...

2 comments:

  1. This is the best English lyrics I have found online. Great job on the translation, I just sung it with the origional song and it is a very close match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. It annoys me how stilted most translations are for japanese music. It should be ornate, and take a little extra license, especially because the japanese system of writing allows for extra layers of depth not present in normal phonetics.

    ReplyDelete