Saturday, April 30, 2011

Creating Harmonies!

I'm still very new to creating lovely ear-tingling harmonies. Alot of the time, my direction turns out sounding flat and I have to try all sorts of things to make the harmony in a song sound like it fits.

I don't like copying the original harmonies from the Japanese versions for some reason...
I prefer 3-part harmonies; which means, 3 tracks of harmonies that meld together to sound more like 1 1/2 tracks~ haha

I've gotten many tips about how to create harmony but I suppose it goes with being partially tone-deaf that I wouldn't be able to figure out what sound is 'flat or sharp and only one half step above or below the melody'. That is just too difficult for me! No thanks! XD

I just posted Motherland the other day~ now I'll post a version with the harmonies louder than the melody so that you can hear how they sound clearly. Some parts don't sound as fluid as others- but I feel like it was a pretty good attempt and really reflects my own personal style.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment