Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Heroes - Inspiration...

Hey, guys~

I think about where my inspiration comes from every day. Any time I get stuck and can't seem to do anything worth posting- I take a break and think about why I'm doing what I'm doing.
I lost my inspiration for a long time. It was a really hard thing to get it back... but after experimenting, trying new things and just having fun ant not thinking seriously at all; it eventually came back to me.

There is natural talent, and then learned skill - two things that I believe any actor/actress must possess. With time, one's learned skills grow and expand but without natural talent; much more time and effort must be put into every task.
When I was much younger and just starting out, I found that inspiration came to me SO easily. I didn't even have to think about it! These days though, I often have to sit down and think and research before I feel that I can do it.

Enough whining, though!! XD
Here are a few of my own personal heroes/sources of inspiration:

Judy Garland

When I think of classic Judy Garland; of course it's got to be the Wizard of Oz! As an actress/singer- Judy is one of my many 'older' heroes. My grandma had taught me opera and classical voice as a child and one of the first songs I learned was "Get Happy"
I just can't do it like Judy could, though~
I really feel like I was born in the wrong era, sometimes. haha




Mona Marshall

As far as voice actresses/personalities go- I look up to Mona in pretty much every aspect XD
I mean... she did Digimon AND Southpark! haha
I remember watching Southpark for the first time as a kid and thinking; "hey! she sounds like Izzy!"
When I'd first started out, my voice hadn't matured yet. I could've passed for young boys quite easily-- but now it just doesn't sound natural anymore. I would give almost anything to sound like Mona~ <3
She is just too awesome. One of my favourite voices of all time.


Wendee Lee

Okay... Wendee(Wendy) has done SO much work in so many games/shows that she is like an all purpose go-to as far as voiceovers go. With such a wide range and so much experience it's no wonder she does so much!
My range is similar, but I'm just no match... give me another 10 years and maybe I'll be half as amazing as she is.


I'll leave it here for now-- there are so many people I could credit for giving me inspiration through the years; and I'll try my best to get around to them sooner or later.
Anyone who is an artist and puts all of their heart into their work and believes in themself as a person is a hero to me.
Just keep trying your hardest! That is all you can really do in life.


~Vane

No comments:

Post a Comment